Monday, April 27, 2009

My Little Beakers

It's hard to believe Blake is already a month old. Actually a month and one week! It feels like the time has gone by so fast, but so slow at the same time! I forgot how fast they change in this first little while! His last check up was on April 15th and he was already up to 9lbs 9oz. Jason weighed himself tonight first without and then with Blake and he was almost 12lbs, and last night while we were taking some pictures of the little bub, he had his first smile. At first I thought it was just a fluke, and not a real smile, but he has given me several more smiles today! It just melts my heart to see his little lips turn up, and his sweet little dimples appear as his eyes disappear! We are all elated to have a new member in our family and look forward to each new day with him here! Since I've been a slacker with the pictures, here are LOTS photos from the past month.





First Bath:




He's got leprechaun ears!








Blake sportin' my favorite little jammies that he has already grown out of! :(


Blake's one month celebration, complete with some bubbly!




And here is the beginning of his first smile! It got bigger, but once I saw him cracking it, I had to act quick!

7 comments:

Mom B. said...

Oh my gosh, he has changed so much! He has filled out and looks just like a little boy already, he is so cute!

I love the smile, it shows his personality! I think he looks like both of you, and it will be fun to see the changes as he gets older!

Give him hugs & kisses from Grandma B.

Diane said...

Blake is so cute. It is nice to see all of the wonderful pictures. Thank goodness for your blog. More importantly, thank goodness for you and your family. I can't wait to see all of you.

Becca said...

Oh, what a sweetie! I know exactly what you mean about how fast newborns change. You almost don't want to blink because you might miss something!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

that little dude looks just like his big sis!

and thanks, these picture will hold me over for a while...

Becca said...

i love him already and can't wait to meet him!!!

AdamW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Soooo cute! I always saw Jason in him, but with that smiling picture, the Megan comes out too! You have a precious little family. Wish our little kidlets could get together and play. Love from all of us!