Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ms. Kate

So I meant to do an 18 month post for Kate and have been meaning to do it for a few months. Now that she is almost 21 months, I figured it is time! I am mostly doing this for my own purposes, since I don't have any sort of baby book for her yet!

Kate's Favorites:
Activities:
*Painting/Coloring
*Bubbles
*Dancing/Singing
*Watching TV/Movies
~Little Einsteins
~Mickey Mouse Club House
~Imagination Movers
~Baby Signing Time
~Her New Barbie Thumbelina movie
*Snuggling anything, I mean anything! I've caught her snuggling Blake's dirty diapers on more than one occasion!
*Playing her piano (little princess keyboard).
*Being outside doing ANYTHING!
*Going to nursery at church, she loves being with other kids.



Foods:
*Cereal "Ceerow"
*Noodles "Noos"
*Milk "Mil-Kay"
*Pancakes "Pa-kay"
*CANDY "Cannee"
*Fruit snacks "nacks"



The little things we love about our Tater Tot:
*She loves to dance, and has learned two dances from TV. The first one was "Shakable You" from an episode of the Imagination Movers. The second is Daisy's Dance from Mickey Mouse Club House. Here is a video, the dance goes "jump forward, jump backward, clap clap clap, march march march, slide to one side, slide to the other side". She leaves out the jumping part, but I still think it's pretty cute!



*She has started to pretend, and it's so adorable! She started a few months ago starting to pretend to be asleep and would snore, more recently I have seen her putting her sippy cup straw up to Coco's (her favorite stuffed monkey) mouth to offer him a drink, she uses my silicone baking sheet as a blanket to wrap up her stuffed animals and baby, and just today she grabbed a bottle, put her baby in her high chair and started to feed her!



*She is a super great big sissy to Blake. Any time he cries, she makes sure that BOTH Mommy and Daddy know about it, and isn't okay until he either stops, or we are both in the room attending to him. Then she offers him his pacifier and blanket. She is very gentle with him and loves to snuggle him. The only thing that bothers her is when he nurses and I just realized why today. As he was eating she got upset and said "Eating Mommy". I think she thinks he is eating ME!



How she is learning and growing:
*She knows what sound each letter of the alphabet makes (thanks to leap frog)!
*She knows all the major colors
*She is learning her shapes
*She can count to 15 (11-15 are a little iffy 11="nine" (she also uses that for seven, I think she has a hard time with the v sound so she replaces the whole number) 12=twel 13-15= teen teen.
*She loves to say her bed time prayers and started saying "men" at the end of them.
*She has started putting two words together. The most common is "baby cry".

We love our little stinker, and fall more in love every day!


6 comments:

Becca said...

I love the picture of Kate holding the three sippy cups. Classic.

Tricia said...

She's such a cutie! I love the dance. :) I'll have to learn that one because I don't have any dance moves. ;) I'm glad she helps you out so much...what a great thing about having an oldest girl. :)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

That was such a cute post! i love that little girl! she is such a sweetie!

Mollie said...

****llooookk into my eeeyeeeessss, your getting sleepy......move to washington, washington is fabulous, your life will be perfection if you move back to wa*******

So, that post was soo cute! I just wish we could see you all more often!!! Seeing them grow up before my eyes, online, is torture! Give them giant squeezes from us!

AdamW said...

Cute girl! We're glad you're both enjoying your children. Hope all is well.

--Adam&Lisa

Mom B. said...

She gets cuter every day! I had so much fun with her while I was there, and she is growing up so fast!

The dance is so adorable, and I love seeing her little "mothering" come out, she is such a girl! Can't wait to see you all in June!