Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I just wanted to take a minute to let my Mom know how much I love her! She is such an amazing woman, and I look up to her more than anyone! She is one of my best friends and I love knowing I can call her up anytime, day or night and she is there to listen and give advice! She is the epitome of self sacrifice, I can't remember a time when her needs came before ANYONE else's! She is so loving, understanding, beautiful and strong. I am so blessed to have such an amazing example in my life of what a true mother is. I cherish all the memories I have with you, Mom, from playing Memory, watching "Days" while folding laundry, going to Winchell's Donuts after doctor's appointments, all the field trips and class parties you helped with, my many fancy birthday cakes, chocolate chip cookies in bed, to the long talks after I moved out about "needs and wants" and just about life in general. I was beyond grateful to have your help when Kate was born, I would have been lost without you! You are the BEST Mom in the world and I can only hope I will be half the mother to Kate that you are to me! Thanks for being so wonderful! I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day, and BIRTHDAY!!!

4 comments:

Becca said...

you are such a sweet daughter!!!!

Mom B. said...

Thank you Megan for such a wonderful post! I am so blessed to have such a great family! I'm not sure how it happened, but I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father trusted me to raise such amazing children!

I love being a mom and grandma, so I can truly say that all my dreams have come true! I love you all! Give my sweet Kate an hug! I can't wait to see her on Monday!

Mollie said...

ditto my friend! we really did get THE best mom in the world.

Michelle said...

what a sweet sentiment! you said it best!