Saturday, January 19, 2008

CHRISTMAS!!!



Ok, since January is more than halfway over, I figured I should just buckle down and post about our Christmas! We went up to Washington see my WHOLE family. We were able to go for 17 days, hence why I have waited so long to post, there is SO much to post about. Rather than getting into all the details, I'm just going to list the highlights, or at least the memorable moments!

-Kate's freak out session on the plane ride there. She and Jason were famous with everyone on the plane by the time we landed due to the fact that she screamed like a banshee and Jason got "reminded not to congregate at the front of the plane" over the loud speaker in his attempt to walk around with her and calm her down!
-Famous Daves!
-Reuniting at the Rainforest Cafe with my Sisters!
-Baking




-Shopping
-Visiting with my old friends
-Making gingerbread houses



-Ward party, complete with my little brother singing in a trio! He sounded awesome!
-The never ending pink-eye!



-7.5 hour trip (one way) to Bend, Oregon to and AMAZING house my parents rented, Kate slept almost the entire way! We were BLESSED!
-Christmas Eve pj's
-Kate's first Christmas, she sure loved to eat the wrapping paper!



-Sledding



-Hot tubing
-He-Man watching
-Family Pictures
-Endless Chinese food, fa ra ra ra ra!



-Car ride back home through Mt. Hood, it was snowing like crazy and BEAUTIFUL! We had to put chains on all the cars! Lucky for us, we were riding with my Dad, so we didn't have to stress about the drive and we could just enjoy the scenery!



-The BIG BROWN Christmas party
-Movie watchin'
-New Years Eve, I was in bed with Kate at 11, we are just a couple of party animals!
-Zoo lights!



It was "a very nice Christmas!" We loved every minute of it and are so grateful to my parents for making sure everyone made it home and providing a place for all 18 of us to fit!

8 comments:

Ams said...

Wow Meg, That is one Christmas Vacation. Sounds like you had fun and Kate pretty much is the cutest little girl I've ever seen. She looks so much like you. I miss you, I love you, I get to see you in three weeks!!!

Mollie said...

Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra!!! LOL! We sure miss you all!! Love all the pics! Especially the one of that really happy lady making the gingerbread house...she looks so joyful and friendly...haha. Love you!

Mollie said...

p.s. Zoolights looks AWESOME!! Sorry we missed it!

Jon Becca James said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. Stop by and visit our blog from time to time. I sure miss you. I'm glad I learned about and decided to join the blogging world last year. It has been great keeping up with people that otherwise I might have fallen out of contact with. You are too wonderful to let slip away!

Love, Becca

Becca said...

that's sounds like quite the party!! 1I love all the pics. Makes me miss you more though but oh too soon you'll be here!!!YEAH!!!!!! give me that baby!!!!!

Mom B. said...

Cute post, and a good way to get through all that went on! If you had given all the details, it would have taken days! Give Miss Kate hugs and kisses from us!

mateo said...

Nice jarb getting through the highlights. I love the shot of Parker! We're excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks...we might even have a room for you to stay in that isn't full of poopy diapers, dress up clothes, and anything else that is somewhere it shouldn't be!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

how fun! renting a big house is the perfect way to spend time with family! we missed you guys, but glad to hear you had fun!
ps. thanks for the extra christmas card- I will keep this outta leahs hands. (its already framed on my nightstand.. I mean, its in a pile with the other cards we got. yea.)

:)