Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Baby's Momma

This is Jason posting. I figured that since the profile that Megan uses is called "jasonandmegan" then I at least have the right to type once. I've actually wanted to do this for some time now and figured that since both of my girls are taking Sunday naps, now was the perfect time.


I am so blessed! I constantly feel so lucky to have such a wonderful woman be my wife. Megan has been stellar as a mom and makes me proud to be her husband. She almost never complains about the hassles of being a mom (or my wife) and seems almost happy to get up in the middle of the night (not always of course) to feed our little Kate. In fact, last night Kate was sleeping so well in the early evening Megan told me "I just want to wake her up and hold her." I think that while growing up I wasn't the typical young man. I wanted to go on a mission but only so I could come home and start my family. I never daydreamed about which foreign land I'd end up preaching in (Ohio Baby!) but I did think a lot about the person that would be my wife and help raise our children. Megan has met and surpassed any expectations that I've had about my wife and although she has only begun being a mother, I know that she'll be the best. I love her and appreciate all that she does.

(Hopefully this post doesn't sound too girly, I just wanted to publicly tell my wife how great she is and now I'll leave the blog for Megan.)

13 comments:

Diane said...

Jason, you are so sweet. That is a great picture of your bride and little Katie. You are right, Megan is a fabulous mom and I am looking forward to seeing you next month. No--that was not 'girly' I just wish a few more of 'the men' (Michael and Robert) would do a little more blogging. They might start enjoying it. Maybe not as much as football or baseball.

Anyway, now that I am off my soap box, Jason you are amazing too. Megan and you are a precious match.

Katie is adoreable.

Mom B. said...

Thank you Jason for posting your feelings and thoughts about Megan. I know it isn't easy for most men to do that! Megan will truly cherish what you have written!

I agree that she is an amazing Mom! She is a natural and I am proud of her too!

I am so glad that you came into her life! You two make a great team, and I know you will have a wonderful life together!

Kate is adorable as always! Give her lots of hugs and kisses till we see her in a couple of weeks!

Becca said...

What a wonderful post j. I simply could not have hand picked a better wife for you if I tried! I so adore Megs and I can't get over how beautiful both your pretty girls look in that picture! I wish we were closer! I just miss you guys so much! You are a wonderful husband to write such great things about your family!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Ok, that got me a bit teary- what a nice post! I wish my husband would get away from the game long enough to write something nice about me while I am snoozing! (which lately is most of the day, so he'd have plenty of time to do it!)

I agree with you 100%, your wife is awesome and I wish we lived closer so I could get to know her even more! The handful of times we have been together have been so great- love ya Megs!

Michelle said...

oh! meg, you got a winner! what a sweet man! and i must say, he does speak the truth! you are amazing!! i need to call you, sheesh. love you tons and tons.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

By Steph's orders I will disclose that this is her sexy husband Rob...1 question...when did my brother turn gay? Oh wait, that was the 7th grade. Ok, so when did my brother turn in to a wuss. Oh wait, that was the 10th grade. Anyways, congrats again on the beautiful little girl. Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Morph This said...

How cute is that little nugget of yours? Megan you look fabulous!

mateo said...

Way to go, Jason (and Megan for giving birth and being a great mom). It's cool for us guys to see all the trials our wives go through to bring children into the world and care for them. It really puts things in perspective and makes us realize how lost we would be without our wives.

Megan, I'm really glad you married Jason instead of fat head!

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

I'm not sure I can add much to what has already been said about you two, but I think Kate's a pretty amazing little girl, and that means you two are pretty awesome (hope that makes sense). We miss ya!

Jon Becca James said...

Jason, I love your wife too. She was the best visiting teaching companion I could ever hope for! I sure miss her. Your baby is beautiful.

Becca Cox

Mollie said...

Awww...so sweet! (now megan, print this off and whenever you get into trouble, discreetly lay it out in a highly visible place. ;) )

Michelle said...

okay i know i already posted on here but i wanted to see how my new profile image shows up....

Holly Moore said...

Jason! It was so fun to find your blog! Your wife is gorgeous and your baby is adorable! I'm so glad everything is going so well for you all!
Holly "tanner"