Thursday, August 30, 2007

Boogie Nights



My poor baby has a clogged tear duct! As you can see from the picture, these are the boogies that accumulate in her eye through the night, even after wiping her eyes every feeding with a warm wash cloth! The Dr. said it should clear up on it's own by the time she is a few months old, but I hate seeing my little girl struggle to open her eye! I hope it clears up sooner than that!

As I was trying to get a shot of her little crusty eye, I managed to get a picture of her "smiling". So I guess her eye can't be bothering her that much...

4 comments:

Mollie said...

My girls had that, too. But my doc gave us some drops to clear out the goop....you might request some if it really starts to bug. In one aunties opinion, even the world's biggest boogie could not disguise her beauty!

Mom B. said...

I hope it clears up soon! It is so distressing to see them struggle to open their eyes, even though it probably bugs us more than them! I love the smile!

Jon Becca James said...

I had forgotten about the eye boogies! Yes, James got them too. I knew they were normal so I wasn't concerned; I just gently wiped them away. Love, Becca

Becca said...

poor little girl! My sisters baby had the same issues but the ointment cleared it up really well!