Friday, July 20, 2007

Our Visit From Diane!

This last weekend, Jason's Mom came to stay with us for a few days! It was so nice to have some family here! I think Jason and I have both decided that when it is time to settle down somewhere, the first requirement on our list will be that we have some sort of family near by!

There were a few things I have been wanting to check out since we moved here, so it was nice to have an excuse to go and do them. First we went to Bricktown, an area in downtown OKC right off the river with different shops. I had hoped for a unique atmosphere, with a lot of specialty shops, but we discovered it was more of a glorified concessions stand, with most of the shops being restaurants and bars. All in all, it was still a nice area and we enjoyed our lunch and walk along the river.


Next we went to the Oklahoma City National Memorial. I figured it would be a solemn place, but was not prepared for how much of an affect it would have on me. It's just so hard to imagine why or how someone could do something like that. I think the hardest part for me was seeing photographs of the victims, and thinking about all that their families had to go through. Even though it was hard to see it all and take it all in, I am so glad we went. The city truly did an amazing job, and it is a beautiful and peaceful place.


Sunday was a nice, relaxing day. I don't think any visit from Diane would be complete without a game of GOLF! Ever since we learned it earlier this year, it has become a staple every time we see the family. It has definitely become one of my favorite games, probably because it doesn't take much skill!


We also made a yummy, EASY ice cream cake. I saw the recipe on Kraftfoods.com and couldn't justify making it for just Jason and myself, so I figured that company was the perfect reason to make it!


Jason had school on Monday, so Diane and I went baby shopping. It was nice to have her there with me since I am clueless as to what I need and what I don't! After all the shopping our feet were tired so we went and pampered ourselves and got pedicures. It was so fun to have her here with us and we miss her tons! Thanks for everything Diane! We can't wait to see you again in October!

7 comments:

Mom B. said...

I'm glad you had such a good time with Diane! The town looks really pretty and I'm happy to hear that they have such a beautiful memorial to the bombing victims! Your ice cream cake looks yummy!

Michelle said...

me likey your template!! good job!

and sister, i saw that ice cream cake in kf, too. yumm-o!

glad you did some exploring with your mil! sorry i had to cut us short today...you'll have to give more details about your weekend when we chat next. looks like a beautiful city and a fab time.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

How fun! I love visits from family too- and the pedicures... man I am jealous! Cant wait to see you guys when that baby of yours is finally here! ANd Thanksgiving will be a blast too! Love you guys!

Ps- your blog is so cute, how did you do that? Please share, mine is so blah!

mateo said...

Where the poo is everyone getting these crazy templates from? I'm glad you got to see the memorial...not that I've seen it, but I heard it was really cool. Jason's expression in the ice cream cake picture is awesome.

Mollie said...

Your mother-in-law looks like such a sweet lady! What fun!

Diane said...

Jason and Megan,

You are great hosts and I loved being with you. It will be an experience I will treasure forever.

Jason, take it easy on Megan when she beats you at GOLF!

I love you both dearly.

Becca said...

You guys are too cute and I love the new blog decore!

I'll put in my bid for you to move and be my neighbor!!! Here's what I'll do to sweeten the deal.. I'll baby sit
Bake you your fav dessert once a month
take out your garbage
wash your car
give you a back rub!

Really!!! How on earth can you pass that up!!!!