To kick off dental school for the first year students, OU held a white coat ceremony. It felt sort of like a graduation, just 4 years too early!!! It began with the students walking in, single file, up to the stage as they played an elevator version of Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under The Bridge", something everyone is still a little confused about! :) They had a few speakers talk about the symbolism of the white coat and how important it is to be a "professional". Then each of the students crossed the stage and received their first white coat, embroidered name included! I was in awe as I looked up at all the students on stage and thought about how much work they had done to get to this point. I think this is the most proud I have been of Jason, he has worked so hard for this, and I am so grateful for his dedication.


Jason just finished his second week of school. There is just one class during the summer semester, but it is pretty intense. It is a human dissection class. Jason was worried about he would handle it at first, but he has been able to take it like a champ. He comes home excited everyday with a new story of what part of the body his group got to dissect. I don't know how he does it, just the stories are enough to make me nauseous! Here is a picture of Jay on his first official day of school. They require the students to wear scrubs everyday.
10 comments:
AMAZING!! Jason, you look like a real Doctor Jay now. Megan, he could not have done it without you. Now all you need to do is BECOME a doctor. Please make sure you get PLENTY of practice. My mouth is VERY sensitive.
Keep it up you two and soon to be three:-)
Congrats Jason! You look very "professional" now! I love the picture of both of you! You look like such a cute, happy little couple! I also love Jason's "first day of school" picture! Just like all the pictures I took of my kids on the first day of school each year, by the front door!
hooray for jason!! that is so cool that they make you wear scrubs to class! and i have to ask...what's up with all of the light switches?!
I want to wear scrubs all day- those are so comfy!
If that isn't teh coolest thingI don't know what is!!! WE are SOOOOO Proud of you Jason for all your hard work! You are a shinning example of dedication and determination! We love you so much!
I can imagine how special that must have been to get that first white coat!!! SO Cool!!!
wow, that's so awesome! i just went to the dentist the other day and thought, man too bad jason isn't a dentist then he can be doing this for me. except i had some cavities and it was kind of embarrassing so maybe it's a good thing. haha. congrats! love you!
Okay, after Michelle's comment I had to look at the pics again to see the switches. Goofy!
Congrats to Jason! I am glad they do something for you at the beginning, because even though you likely have lots of work ahead, you have definitely earned your way to this point!
Megan, you are such a cute pregnant woman...so classy (you probably hear that a lot :) ). I hope you guys are feeling a bit more settled now, and without the extra "house guests." We sure miss you guys!
Jason, you look very sexy in white.
Congrats on all your hard work! I hope school continues to be as interesting as it has been for you. Let me know if you ever figure out the "under the bride" mistery.
sorry, "under the bridge"
What is so incredible is that as huge as this moment is, you will blink your eyes and school will be done and you will be on to the next adventure! ENJOY EACH MOMENT!!! Life is way to short, hope this is wonderful time for you guys! Love you! And thank you so much for the smoothies, you thoughtful woman!
Post a Comment