We started out the day by going to the Moore's annual Art in the Park. I had a few booths with vendors selling their homemade handicrafts and various foods and also some crafting booths for young kids. The real reason I wanted to go was because they were having a classic car show, something that has become a staple for me on the 4th thanks to my car crazy Dad! We got there just before the judging, and as they were reading off the winners, an old woman passed out due to the heat! The announcer stopped for a while as someone called an ambulance and then said, "Well, while we wait for the ambulance, let's continue". I felt SO bad for the old lady! I can't believe they didn't just wait 10 minutes to make sure she was ok! Anyway, Jay and I picked out our favorite cars. Mine was a '56 Chevy, black and white with cherry red on the inside! Jason chose a classic Corvette, although we are not sure what year it was. And yes, the old lady turned out to be alright.


After going home for a little while to cool down, we went over to the Dulgarian's family friend's house, the Petersons. They invited us and a couple from their ward who is also just starting dental school. We had a delicious bbq, and were forced inside mid-meal when it started to poor down rain. Luckily the rain didn't last long and we were able to go and watch some fireworks. Nothing too spectacular, but at least we got to see some. Here is an amazing shot I got of the grand finale! I think my new calling in life is to be a photographer, what do you think?

I think the small white spot in the photo is actually a street light!!! :)
4 comments:
I love the car shots! Looks just like Olympia, but then I guess there are car collectors everywhere, huh!?! I especially love your picture of the fireworks! What a good photographer you have become?!?! (jk) Hope you are feeling well, can't wait to see you in September and meet your new little sweetie!
ha! love the firework shot. those cars are awesome! excellent choices. sounds like a fun day...you are looking super cute.
Could you come take some professional shots of our girls? You're talented is unprecidented! I'm glad you got to see some old cars to carry on the crazy Tumwater parade tradition. I bet next year you'll find more patriotic stuff. We didn't find out about all the stuff they do here until last year.
It is a crime to look that cute when you are that pregnant! As far as local stuff, I have lived here my whole life and I still find out new stuff each year...I'm sure there is a lot of celebrations, you just have to find them.
Post a Comment