Monday, June 25, 2007

The Saga Begins...


So we have been in our new place for a few weeks now, and things are starting to come together nicely. We had a few unpleasant suprises upon arrival. First was the suprise that our house was already occupied by other tenants, a large family cockroaches!!! Then we ran into some plumbing and electrical problems, but two weeks and some bug spray later and things are really starting to look up! We are really enjoying Oklahoma and the town we are living in. It's beautiful and green here, most likely from all the crazy thunder storms we've been having every few days, and there are a lot of fun little creatures around. The other day, Jason and I helped the cutest turtle cross the road and later that same day, we found these little froggies in our backyard while Jason was mowing the lawn.

And here is another example of one of the many pleasant suprises we've found in our backyard. This plant looked like a plane old leafy bush a few weeks ago but look at how pretty the flowers it produces are:

Jason starts school officially tomorrow, but is gone all day today at orientation, so here's what I'm up to while he is gone:

Loungin in my new La-Z-Boy! Thanks Mom and Dad!!! Just kidding, I'll be keeping busy getting our house nice and clean and getting things ready for our sweet little baby!

10 comments:

Two said...

FINALLY! I am so glad you guys are doing well! I wish we had frogs in our backyard- but I could do without the roaches!
Can't wait to see my new little neice- any name decision yet?

Mollie said...

AHA! I found you with out even an invitation! (I traced you through the comment you left on my blog;) )
Love you blog name...very cute! And what a darling first post, all I need now is a belly profile shot!Those purdy flowers are cannas, just in case you want buy more...Love the froggies and love even more that Jason was mowing the grass! It's like your a real family now....Baby on the way, Lazy-boy, home maintenance...aaahhh, the good life!

Mollie said...

alright, so i just saw the invite in my email..."well i feel sheepish...baaa"-Genie from Aladdin

Sarah said...

how fun to be all moved in. Sit in that lazboy as much as possible with your feet up. Seriously. you won't get to do it much in a few months. take advantage. your house is so cute and i love the flowers.
(sarbear2525)

mateo said...

SWEET!! So is Jason cool with the blog name, or is he pouting in the corner? I don't know why, but the first time I heard the name, I pictured an Asian lady saying, "Okay Dokay". Your flowers look awesome! Send some rain our way.

Becca said...

Megs, I am so excited for you ! I am so happy that you guys are geting settles in and have so much to look forward to! Your house is so adorable! I am sure you are going crazy with ideas!

Best of luck to Jason! What an exciting time in your lives! We love you to pieces! We'll have to chat on the phone regularly once both our lives calm down...I just miss you and love you to death! you are a great sister in law!!!!!! rub your belly for me!!! love ya!

Mom B. said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad the chair is comfy, cuz I'll be using it a lot to rock that new baby! The frog is so cute! Hope it goes well for Jason and school.

Michelle said...

hooray! great job on your first post! i am so glad you started this, and that you are loving okie life. the flowers are beautiful. the midwest is the best! you are gonna love being a stay-at-home wife/mom.

good luck, jason, on your first week! love you guys!

Diane said...

I am glad you are both making a great home in Oklahoma. You look very relaxed in that chair. Keep it that way please.

The weather looks good. Please pray for great weather when I come to visit. Save the frog, he is cute.

Jason, good luck in school and when you are comfortable with your new lab coat, get a picture for us.

Unknown said...

Baby! Get in my belly! I was wondering if you were still alive. Good to hear from you. Not too much is different here. Well just wanted to give you a choclate chip muffin. And, yes, I was just being nice. I like the frog.