Thursday, August 13, 2009

Turning Two in Texas

Kate turned two on August 6th! We were lucky enough to be able to spend her birthday with family again this year! My older brother and his family just moved to Texas, about 6 hours away from us, and my parents were there helping them move in, so we got to see all of them! (We actually celebrated Kate's birthday two days in a row, but for the sake of the blog, we'll squish it all into one day).

Kate's day started out with a "Nannerpus" breakfast. She has loved that video on youtube ever since she saw it on Aunt Becca's blog! She was so excited when we brought it out to her, her jaw literally dropped!



Her day continued with some fun in the backyard with cousins playing in the mud. Once I realized what was happening, I figured she was already a mess, no use in stopping her while she was having so much fun!

Our little ragamuffins Kate and Nicole:





After a good scrub down and an afternoon nap the festivities continued. Kate loves Dumbo "DEBO!" So I made her a Dumbo cake:



Blowing out the candles:



We opened up her presents:





She has not stopped playing with the tea set and play food set from Grandma and Grandpa Brown since we got home!

The cake was devoured:





The girls got their grove on with Strawberry Shortcake's "Strawberry Shake" (I don't know how we ended up with no pictures of that) while Blake hung out with Grandma:



The party crew:



We finished off the day with a trip to a water park. Kate loves swimming so it was a perfect ending to a perfect day!

11 comments:

mateo said...

Thanks for making the trip! It was so fun to have you guys. I'm super lonely now...everyone including Lisa is gone. Happy b-day Kato!!

Mom B. said...

I'm so glad we were together! All the girls had so much fun!

Kate was so cute at her party, and Megan, that cake was so pro! You must have inherited Grandma T's creative genes!

Hugs and kisses!

Fife Family Forever said...

LOVE THE CAKE! Ps I didn't know she shared her birthday with ME!!

Mollie said...

From Kennedi,

Amazing Dumbo Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I concur.

P.S. Hubba hubba, Jason..... :D

Becca said...

Happy Birthday, Kate!

And amazing cake, Megan!

The Clarke Clan said...

Way to go on the cake!!! It looks awesome!

Loft-in-Paradise said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Kate! I can't believe it's already been 2 years.
We are finally home and ready to 'celebrate'/ ice cream pary if you are still up for it!!!

Diane said...

Megan, You are amazing. Your cake is soooooo cute.

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Thanks again for coming and sharing Kate's birthday with us. We are already looking forward to Thanksgiving...Which Vanessa keeps trying to schedule in the next week! Miss you guys!

Oh, yes, and I was watching a master at work with your Dumbo cake. It turned out so well!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

How fun! I will not show this post to Leah as Nanerpuss scares her to death! And if that doesnt send her screaming with fear Jason half naked in the last picture is sure to do it! (love ya J!)

Becca said...

I am diggin the nanerpuss! Big fans over here!!! That cake is amazing Megs!!! I love it!!!